Dillian Whyte wants the chance to make history as the first boxer to move over to the UFC as he eyes spectacular showdown with newly crowned heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou
- Dillian Whyte knocked out Alexander Povetkin in the fourth round last month
- The Londoner now has plans to become the first boxer to go over to the UFC
- His desired opponent would be Francis Ngannou, the heavyweight champion
- Ngannou defeated Stipe Miocic inside two months at UFC 260 in Nevada
- Whyte previously claimed he could knock out all UFC’s top 10 heavyweights
Dillian Whyte said he would relish the chance to challenge Francis Ngannou for the UFC heavyweight title and make history.
The interim world heavyweight boxing champion, who secured his title following a devastating fourth-round knockout of Alexander Povetkin on March 27, is excited about the prospect of becoming the first boxer to switch to MMA.
‘Imagine me going and winning the UFC heavyweight championship,’ he told talkSPORT.
Dillian Whyte knocked out Alexander Povetkin and now has his eyes on an Octagon showdown
Francis Ngannou clinically defeated Stipe Miocic to become UFC heavyweight champion
‘I’d be the first boxer to ever do that and, with the stage of my career that I am, I can do that.
‘As the interim heavyweight champion, going and winning the UFC undisputed heavyweight championship, I am definitely up for that.’
Ngannou dominated Stipe Miocic at UFC 260 on the same day as Whyte’s win over Povetkin to become the new heavyweight champion and avenge his defeat by the American in January 2018.
Whyte has previously had his eyes on fighting Ngannou at numerous points in the Octagon and brashly claimed last year that he could knock all of UFC’s top 10 heavyweights.
Londoner Whyte boasted last year that he could knock all of UFC’s top 10 heavyweights
In his talkSPORT interview, Whyte also claims Deontay Wilder snubbed an £8million offer to fight him, with the American deciding to go after Luis Ortiz instead.
‘His team haven’t shown any interest so I can only do what I can do. I’ve been calling for the fight for about three years now,’ he said.
‘We offered £8million when he got £1m to fight Luis Ortiz and he took that fight! He said I need to beat this fighter and another, whatever…. These guys just talk c*** man, all I can do is the best I can do.’